Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Dipped Peanut Butter Pretzel Candy

Peanut butter filling, a crunchy bottom and a dusting of  Fleur De Sel.





We celebrated this Memorial Day weekend with family visiting the cemeteries of our ancestors.  This is a tradition that I remember doing as a young girl and now get to share it with my own children.  My husband and I recently became interesting in genealogy after finding out that we share a common relative!  We can now say that we have the same  Great-great-great-great Grandpa.

Finding this out,  inspired us to continue to read and research our history about where we came from and what life was like for our family throughout the different time periods.  It is so interesting to read about  how we came to be where we are today.

I realized that my life is blessed by the lives that my ancestors lived and while visiting their grave sites,  I could felt that they still greatly influence  my life.

Of course what would a holiday weekend be with yummy food.  This peanut butter candy is what kept us going in the car as we drove to the different cemeteries.  My son is allergic to peanuts so I replaced the peanut butter with roasted soy butter which is almost identical in taste and texture.  They were quickly eaten up.  They would be a perfect bite size treat to take to any summer party.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...